Thursday, October 29, 2009

Caption Contest Scandal

So there's a feature that allows you to look at all of the entries, which is kind of addicting. Last week's cartoon is here:
The winner was, "Brother, can you spare a lime?"
Kind of lame. But the amazing thing is that the same caption was submitted, literally, hundreds of times. There are 8 pages worth of submitted captions, and I went through two of them, each time finding between 50 and 60 captions that were exactly that one, or very close ("Hey buddy, can you spare a lime?", etc.). This means that about 400 different people submitted this caption. I would think that being so uncreative would disqualify you, but I guess not. The other most popular option, of which there are about 100, involved the word "stay-cation."

Some other favorites, which make me feel good about my chances of eventual victory:

What! You expected this in Florida, or something?

INFINITE TO INFINITE

Hey man, where are you going?

HAY MAN! HOW ABOUT A LITTLE BREAD ? YOUR NOT GOING TO NEED IT WHER YOUR GOING.

They foreclosed on my house. "my wife toldme to get any job." thank you thank thank you.

PENNY FOR THE GUY!!

1 comment: