Saturday, September 12, 2009

I'm not here to feather my ruffle


I have become newly obsessed with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArZRWJwKdWs
The highlight is around 2:40, when the holy trinity of sales brokers appears.

First Paul tells us that, if we don't buy his margarine, we can go to hell. In case it's not obvious, he didn't come here to "coo and cuddle."

His successor, Gary, leaves us with the perplexing, "You'd better buy my brand. It's Hawaiian punch. When it comes to other drinks, I'll eat your lunch." The circumstances in which he will eat my lunch are very unclear.

Last up is Ronnie, "giving service with a smile because I know my fate." Years of despair are summed up in this poignant lyric.

1 comment:

  1. AGAIN?! I remember your original mania for this video. All I can say is that I'm glad I don't have to see/hear your (intentionally) creepy impression this time round.

    ReplyDelete